Bay Cove Human Services is committed to finding the next generation of human service workers and offers a variety of internship opportunities within a number of our diverse program locations.
Bay Cove seeks energetic and caring individuals looking to make a difference in the lives of others. The following is a listing of internship (unpaid) opportunities and/or summer employment opportunities at a variety of program sites within three of our service areas.
Center House Day Treatment - Adult Psychiatric Day Treatment
- Level of Internship: Graduate students in Counseling and Expressive Therapy
- Hours per week: Negotiable
- Location: 31 Bowker Street, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02114
- Supervision: Provided by Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) and Registered Expressive Art Therapist (REAT)
- Contact: Lou Lim | 617-371-3020 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Assist with toddlers' developmental play groups for developmentally delayed or 'at-risk' children ranging in age from 18 months to 36 months. Assist with curriculum planning, room set-up and clean up, and group leadership. When appropriate, accompany staff on home visits and assist with therapeutic interventions with parents and children up to 36 months old
- Level of Internship: Graduate students in Early Childhood Education, Counseling Psychology, Social Work or Speech-Language Pathology
- Hours per week: 16-32 hrs/week (minimum 12-week commitment required)
- Location: 105 Victory Road, Dorchester, MA
- Supervision: Provided by licensed clinicians.
- Contact: Amanda Kasica | 617-371-3010 | email@example.com
Day Services for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities
Assist adults with developmental disabilities and/or mental illness in building social skills, education, training, and expressive therapies including art, music, movement therapies.
- Level of Internship: Undergraduate and Graduate students
- Hours per week: 8-25 hrs/week
- Locations: 19 Bradston St. Boston, MA and 1 City Square, Charlestown, MA
- Supervision: Ability to provide supervision by a Licensed Expressive Therapist or supervision provided by professional staff, credentials based on internship need.
- Contact: Kristin Falvey | 617-878-2506 | firstname.lastname@example.org